Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy, Inexpensive (cheap) Valentine Project

My goal this week is to do 2 blog posts by Sunday, and they will both be about Valentines projects!!  Yippee, lets see if I can do that........Yes I think I can!!!

OK.....lets start out with the first one.

I wanted to make something cute that I could sell in my booth and I did not want to spend any money.  So I combed my craft stash and came up with these:

A $1 frame from Michael's
A wooden heart left over from another project
2 pieces of scrapbook paper ( one black print, the other red)
Some mod podge
Off white paint for the frame
some e6000 adhesive

So first I painted the frame off white ( sorry I did not take pics but all of this is easy) 2 coats.
Then I covered the wooden heart with the red scrapbook paper, using mod podge. 
Then, I covered the cardboard backing that came with the frame using the black and white scrapbook paper and mod podge.
I added a little bit of brown distress ink to distress the heart after it dried, but this step is optional.
I then put the frame back together and using the e6000 I glued the heart right on the glass.

Voila, done.......and here is the finished project.  Cost to me, $0, because I had all the supplies!!  YES!!



 So....what do you think? 

Look for another Valentines project coming up before Sunday night!!

Kari

Linked to:
Tater Tots and Jello Weekend Wrap up Party
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Kari! I love seeing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari,

    Very cute! I love the scrapbook paper you used.

    I just put a Valentine's Day heart wreath on my front door.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black-and-white paper behind the heart is perfect to set off the red. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I hope you will link this up to my I Heart Projects Party if you haven't already.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/92196103/reserved-listing-for-aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! Visiting from tt&j. I love this! Its cute and thrifty.. my favorite things! :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my party :)

    ReplyDelete