Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tip of the Week Thursday-Tinting Chalk Paint

This weeks Thursday tip involves my favorite paint- chalk paint.  I do a lot of small painting projects and I really cannot afford to buy chalk paint in every color.  I wish I could but it is beyond my budget and as we talked last week- I am cheap!!

So I took this......


And mixed it with some of this.......



What I did was took chalk paint in old white and mixed it with some craft paint to get the desired color.  I just mixed enough for my project ( maybe a little bit more so I did not run out) I used just a few drops of the craft paint.  The paint still had the desired "chalkiness" and distressed wonderfully!!

Here is a large spoon I painted grey using old white chalk paint and slate gray craft paint.........

A couple of close ups....


 I have done this with several other small projects and it works great!!

Got a tip to add to "Tip of the Week"..........just leave a comment and I will try and use it!! Thanks!!


Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment