Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yardstick Stars

A while ago I was at a local thrift store run by the local Humane Society.  I don't usually find much there but I like to go in and see the cats they have for adoption, plus it is next to Hobby Lobby so I ventured in.

In a corner I found a tub full of yardsticks.  They are probably not vintage but they were cheap so I bought a bunch at .29 each.  I was not sure what I was going to do with them.  So I googled projects with yardsticks and came across a tutorial for a yardstick star at Mamie Janes.  So I made a few.  A couple I put in my booth and one I strung with red Christmas lights and hung it on my fence.

Here is one pictured in my booth.........



I just love the rustic look.  I may try cutting one up and making ornaments like Mamie Jane did too.  See her ornaments here.

Enjoy!
Kari

1 comment:

  1. That is such a neat idea. I would have never thought of doing that :) You are so creative. Very nice post :)

    ReplyDelete